Talk

Advanced search

Can't send emails from iphone or ipad

(3 Posts)
Happiestinwellybobs Fri 04-Apr-14 16:57:59

Firstly (not sure whether it is linked to this issue) I got 'cannot connect to server' messages this morning on my iphone when out and about.

I have a btopenworld account. BT seemed to want to me to update my account and I did change my password, however on my iphone and ipad I have made sure that the password is correct on the Settings - Mail - Incoming and Outgoing Server sections. I have even now changed them all back as my original password.

I have tried deleting my account on my iphone, but when I have gone in to install it again, it let's me but just says 'Cannot send Mail. The username or password for mail.btinternet.com is incorrect'. I have resubmitted the password and saved.

I haven't dared delete the account on the ipad, and can receive emails but not send them. Help!!!

noblegiraffe Fri 04-Apr-14 22:04:13

Have you run out of space? Sometimes that messes up the email.

Otherwise, try a proper reboot. Press and hold both buttons together for a long time.

Happiestinwellybobs Sat 05-Apr-14 07:26:01

Thanks. I have added a new account as a btinternet account and deleted my other and that seems to have worked now. Think it was a bt issue as DH came home with the same issue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now