Talk

Advanced search

Why can't DD get my texts?

(7 Posts)
bigTillyMint Tue 01-Apr-14 07:47:28

DD's BB is broken, so we are sending it back to get mended. Meanwhile, she has put her sim in a different phone.
I can ring her, she can ring and text me, but she is not receiving my texts even though she is getting texts from her friends. The texts are coming up as sent on my phone, but she is not getting themconfused

Cindy34 Tue 01-Apr-14 23:33:34

No idea, but does BB stand for something to do with Blackberry? Do you have the same phone? Could it be something to do with sending messages between Blackberry phones?

paneer Tue 01-Apr-14 23:40:15

check you number hasn't somehow got blacklisted on her phone.

ViviDeBeauvoir Tue 01-Apr-14 23:44:22

Is your number blocked?

confuddledDOTcom Tue 01-Apr-14 23:55:58

It could be she has a BB deal that will only work with a BB phone. I'm pretty sure it is that way and the same for iphones.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 02-Apr-14 00:07:45

Hmm, are you sure it's a total mystery or could DD have blocked texts from your number?

Was there a text asking her to do something in particular or asking her a question she'd rather not answer?

bigTillyMint Wed 02-Apr-14 06:35:01

Ooh thanks for all the replies! She definitely hadn't blocked me - we checked everything, and they were just texts saying hi to see if it was working! It was the sim from her BB and because the BB charging port is broken, we have to send it back to be mended, so she put the sim in a cheapy phone.

Bizarely the texts I sent on Mon night came through during the day on Wed and she now seems to be getting my texts OK!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now