Talk

Advanced search

New car - can I play music from ipod through car speakers ?

(6 Posts)
SATSmadness Fri 28-Mar-14 17:33:35

I'm feeling very pleased with myself now that I've synched my android phone in and can do hands free phone stuff whilst on the move but was wondering if I can synch in an ipod too. (Haven't actually got an ipod but have been offered a 2nd hand ipod touch).

Would hopefully do away with the need for cd's in the car as with mine and the dc's differing music tastes to accommodate, they're littered all over the car and it's a right faff swapping them over.

Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Thanks

Germgirl Fri 28-Mar-14 17:51:45

Does your car have an aux input socket? If so you can just buy a cable to link the two together.
Or do you have Bluetooth in your car? That will find your iPod too (I think, I have an iPhone & my Bluetooth thingy finds that & plays music through the speakers)

SATSmadness Fri 28-Mar-14 19:11:31

No idea where I'd find an "aux input socket".....

I'm assuming that the mobile phone thingy works via Bluetooth so the car presumably has Bluetooth. Probably best if I dig out the handbook/manual for a bit of bedtime reading.

I'm rather bad at technology, can you tell ?

chateauferret Fri 28-Mar-14 19:35:41

You can get a gadget that broadcasts the iPod output on a FM radio frequency, so you can then tune the radio to that frequency and get the sound out of the speakers wirelessly through the, well, wireless.

Germgirl Sat 29-Mar-14 13:52:30

The aux input socket looks like the headphone socket on the iPod smile mine is just above the cigarette lighter on the centre console. (Ford Ka)
With the Bluetooth just ask your iPod to find devices & it should find your car Bluetooth. Then pair them. If you need a password & you haven't set one, try 0000. It's often that.
Good luck.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 29-Mar-14 13:54:35

I also connect my ipod to a socket near the cigarette lighter and then hide it in the glovebox. Ford S-Max

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now