Talk

Advanced search

I hate O2! Please recommend me a mobile phone provider?

(9 Posts)
ClaudetteWyms Fri 28-Mar-14 14:01:17

O2 have fobbed me off for a week now, I am a pay monthly customer and have a crappy useless phone they're pretty much refusing to do anything about, and for this and various other reasons I hate them!

Can anyone recommend their mobile phone provider? Do any have GOOD customer service? (worth a lot in my opinion!)

<Seethes>

prh47bridge Fri 28-Mar-14 14:24:24

Which? rate O2 as the third best UK mobile network. Tesco Mobile is rated best with Talkmobile in second place. This is based on a survey in February 2013.

Personally I never had any problems with O2. I've also been happy with Virgin Mobile (rated fourth by Which?).

ClaudetteWyms Fri 28-Mar-14 16:00:29

I did used to be on Virgin, maybe I should consider them again.

Will look into Tesco, who'd have known?!

Does anyone know if GiffGaff is any good?

ClaudetteWyms Fri 28-Mar-14 16:00:56

And thank you prh47bridge smile

keely79 Fri 28-Mar-14 16:07:06

I use Giffgaff and love it - feels very consensual and they really try to keep their pricing fair - for example, they're not charging ridiculous amounts for when they go 4G. Uses the O2 network, so the coverage is good (certainly in London where I am). Cost is very cheap - you can either go PAYG or pay for a "goodybag" - mine is £10 a month and gives me plenty for that amount - I also love the fact that you can increase or decrease your monthly package as you wish.

TBH, haven't really used their customer service (apart from cancelling my phone when stolen, which was dealt with immediately and a new sim sent out and received within 2 days) but that's because I haven't had any issues. Now upgrading my phone and have opted to go SIM free to continue with them (as having worked out upfront cost + contract for 2 years, in the long run saves about £200).

ClaudetteWyms Fri 28-Mar-14 16:11:24

That's very helpful keely79 thank you. I like the no binding contract part of their set up!

Did you buy your handset from GiffGaff as well, or from somewhere else? Their handset prices do not look very competitive for some models.

keely79 Fri 28-Mar-14 17:29:12

I've just bought a new Iphone straight from Apple - when I compared overall price over 24 months to all other providers, it worked out cheapest to do it that way.

MooMa42o Fri 28-Mar-14 17:48:25

Giff Gaff & Asda are both great payg providers, not sure about buying your handset from them...

ClaudetteWyms Fri 28-Mar-14 20:58:49

Thank you all, I have decided on provider (GiffGaff - been recommended to me in RL as well), will now start another thread looking for handset recommendations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now