Talk

Advanced search

Losing passwords on IPad

(9 Posts)
deste Mon 10-Mar-14 21:01:43

Not sure if I should be doing something in settings or elsewhere but I keep having to retype my password every time I go into Hotmail or MN, even though I have ticked save password boxes. This is the new iPad, latest version and it's a pain.

deste Mon 10-Mar-14 22:18:05

Bump.

RustyBear Mon 10-Mar-14 22:25:31

Have you accidentally turned on private browsing? Or set Safari to always block cookies?

deste Mon 10-Mar-14 22:28:35

How do I find out thanks?

deste Mon 10-Mar-14 22:30:43

It says block cookies from third parties always.

RustyBear Mon 10-Mar-14 22:38:15

How about the Private browsing - if it's on, the menu bars at the top will be dark grey instead of white/light grey, and when you touch the + at top right to get a new tab, the word Private at the bottom left of the page will be highlighted in blue.

deste Mon 10-Mar-14 23:03:32

Yes it is dark grey at the top, it changed one day and I just thought it was normal. How do I change it back, thanks. I'm not seeing Private at the bottom of the page though.

RustyBear Mon 10-Mar-14 23:14:06

You need to press the blue + icon just below the battery indicator (top right). That gives you a new page, and at the bottom left of that page is the word Private. Touch that and it will ask if you want to keep your current pages open or not when you turn off private browsing. Touch Keep open and it will switch back.

deste Tue 11-Mar-14 08:31:45

Thank you so much. You are a genius.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now