Talk

Advanced search

Blocking sexual content on You Tube

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 09-Mar-14 20:22:19

Does anyone know how I can stop the DCs being able to view adult content things on You Tube?
We have restrictions on the iPads and iPods etc but it doesn't seem to cover You Tube content!
TIA

LyndaCartersBigPants Sun 09-Mar-14 22:25:35

Place marking from a technophobe being left behind by the far-more-tech-savvy DCs.

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Mon 10-Mar-14 08:01:47

Apple's parental controls are very shallow. It's a shame you aren't using Android devices as they allow you to tailor every aspect of parental controls.

Try uninstalling YouTube.

Forago Mon 10-Mar-14 15:04:54

I am using android. My son has his own login (mine is protected) and I allow him access (or not) to certain apps. But how can I alow him access to you tube without the sexual content? isn't it either or?

Forago Mon 10-Mar-14 15:10:44

I haven't rooted my nexus 5 or 7 yet btw but am happy to do so if this gives me more control. I also have AVG and malwarebytes running on them both but still feel I could do with a bit more fine-tuning - preferably blocking anything dodgy from the kids but not being too restrictive for me.

Am a recent convert to Android (way better than IOS and windows) so could do with any tips!

OP - I never found a way to do what toy are asking on my iphone and agree, the parental controls are rubbish.

Mind you - try having a smart TV - its even worse and auto play ethe next video on you tube!

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Tue 11-Mar-14 06:52:25

This site has some suggestions for parental control apps. There's also tons of info on Google.

Forago Tue 11-Mar-14 09:21:00

That's really useful - thank you

mckenzie Tue 11-Mar-14 16:08:41

Sorry for my tardiness but thanks very much for the posts. Off to check out that website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now