Talk

Advanced search

Minecraft : PS4 ?

(4 Posts)
wizzler Mon 03-Mar-14 18:31:42

Please help !
DC (9 and 7) love Minecraft and are playing beautifully together on it.. and not falling out smile
They have a Kindle HD Fire each and so have only the pocket edition and want to upgrade.

DS has persuaded (!) DD to contribute her savings and together they can just about afford X Box.Having looked at it, most of the games seem to be aged at late teens.. and very little is appropriate for DS, let alone little DD, apart from Minecraft.

Play station seems to have a better selection of games for the under 10s, but I cannot establish if you can play minecraft on it .

Please advise... am reaching for the wine... depressed that their level of technical know how is already twice mine

wizzler Mon 03-Mar-14 22:11:11

Anyone?

GoldiChops Tue 04-Mar-14 23:35:00

I have it on the ps3, it cost £13. I only bought the ps3 recently, second hand from a friend for £50, you can get them second hand for about £70-100. I've heard there will be minecraft for ps4 and Xbox one, not yet though as they are newer consoles.

I'm used to the pocket version, on iPad, the upgrade to ps3 is great. Villages, caves, it's definitely worth it. Not as complete as the PC game, which is the main one, but I downloaded the demo on my laptop and it's horribly laggy for me.

There is a pocket edition update due soon, supposed to be first quarter of 2014, which adds lots, apparently infinite worlds and ender men and stuff. Looking forward to that!

wizzler Wed 05-Mar-14 19:56:09

Thanks Goldi, I might research the pocket upgrade before splashing out on Ps3 or 4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now