Talk

Advanced search

Do you pay for extra iCloud storage?

(6 Posts)
Sharingeverything Fri 28-Feb-14 19:56:29

Hi I've reposted here fro chat in the hopes that someone can help.

I'm getting messages that my iPhone can't be backed up because my iCloud is full. Is it worth paying for extra storage or is there a way of editing what is in the cloud?

lljkk Fri 28-Feb-14 20:00:01

There are so many Cloud options, why pay?
Dropbox, skydrive, several others.

Sharingeverything Fri 28-Feb-14 20:05:15

I like the fact that I don't even have to think about it everything just gets backed up automatically, is it the same with the cloud options you mentioned?

lljkk Sat 01-Mar-14 07:13:58

You might be able to set something up, some app that goes to those places in the same way.
I wonder if you could log on via computer to edit what is in your iCloud, even if you can't do it on the phone directly (else what is the point?).
Get googling! smile

Frozennortherner Sun 02-Mar-14 11:22:18

Am bumping this as it's happening to me too. It happened once before and I plugged my phone into the laptop to get an update. It still wouldn t let me. Ended up having to do Restore which meant I lost pics from the phone. Luckily they d been backed up on icloud.

Can someone clarify this: if I buy more icloud storage, this in itself doesn't provide the space needed to update, does it? I've heard contrasting things and am now very confused

NetworkGuy Mon 03-Mar-14 16:32:29

How much space do they provide for free ? GMail gives something like 5 GB for "media" and I think Microsoft (live.co.uk / aka outlook.com ) may offer something similar. I got 50 GB of storage last year (twice, actually, one for each Sony Xperia mobile I bought, ie one for each 50 quid purchase) on > Box.com < but I know they have varying charges (and Carbonite.com is another online service which isn't free, but I think offers unlimited storage {on the basis few people will upload hundreds of GB of data because doing so will take days or weeks depending on internet connection speed, and upload is usually quite a bit slower than downloading, even if you have 60+ Mbps downloads on fibre}.

Although I have a few iMacs, they're all older models, so I've not yet tried one that supports iCloud, do no ideas on exactly what the deal is from Apple for newer products...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now