Talk

Advanced search

Ok, I thought it was all going suspiciously well...can anyone help?

(6 Posts)
minxthemanx Thu 27-Feb-14 16:59:39

New laptop, last weekend. Toshiba. Has Windows 8.1 and I've been feeling bit smug about how well I've managed so far. HOWEVER friggin laptop now won't let me sign on. I turn it on, put in my password ....and the 'signing on' little circles that go round and round, just keep going round and round.....nothing happens. Been fine up to now, why the frig won't it work? Can't even 'cancel' the page to get out, have to switch it off by button. Is it the laptop or me?

prh47bridge Thu 27-Feb-14 17:13:29

It certainly isn't you.

How long have you waited before giving up and switching off? Have you tried booting in safe mode?

minxthemanx Thu 27-Feb-14 17:42:58

Er how do you do that? I'll try after dinner. I've waited several minutes, watching the little dots going round, before switching off.

minxthemanx Thu 27-Feb-14 18:47:21

The little dots on my sign in welcome page have now been going round for 10 minutes. No way of getting off this page - tried control alt delete, nowt. Any suggestions?

Chanatan Thu 27-Feb-14 19:37:44

you may find some help here.

minxthemanx Thu 27-Feb-14 20:15:01

Thanks I'll have a look. Finally managed to sign in, but can't get on internet, getting a message saying it can't connect to windows......am not impressed, had the bldy thing for 8 days.....Toshiba tech support only open till 6 pm, helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now