Talk

Advanced search

HELP! - I need to record some songs played backwards (Mac users)

(5 Posts)
Pennies Thu 27-Feb-14 11:07:54

Can anyone help me? I'm doing a quiz night soon and I'm on the music round. I need to record some songs playing backwards (well, a few seconds of each song) and I'm stuck. I've downloaded a couple of apps that allow me to play songs in reverse but I'm struggling with recording them. Oddly one of the apps has a record function but when I record it it plays back normally. V. strange. Also the app is on my iphone, not my computer, so whilst I can play them backwards on my phone I can't get them onto my Mac.

Anyway, what I ultimately need to do is record backwards soundbites, save them into files and then drop those files into a power point presentation.

Any ideas?

prism Thu 27-Feb-14 20:43:55

Can't Audacity do it?

Pennies Fri 28-Feb-14 11:19:32

Downloaded it last night, thanks for suggesting it - but am confused. Can't understand it! Have worked out reversing but not recording...

prism Fri 28-Feb-14 16:13:57

Doesn't seem too tricky to me (have you chosen the right input source?), but if you don't want to record in Audacity you can record with something else, than open the MP3s in Audacity and reverse them there.

Pennies Sat 01-Mar-14 19:52:07

Sorted it! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now