Talk

Advanced search

Canon Pixma MP495 printer - error code

(6 Posts)
LIZS Sat 15-Feb-14 12:10:15

Printed fine first thing , now won't feed paper from the intray. Either returns error 03 or thinks it has printed when it hasn't. Tried a paper roller maintenance clean but it wouldn't intake the paper for the second part. Can't see any obstructions. Any ideas , tia

Ferguson Sat 15-Feb-14 18:17:36

Wouldn't going to your user manual or Canon help site produce better results than MN?

LIZS Sat 15-Feb-14 18:21:38

normally yes but the user manual doesn't troubleshoot to that level of detail and the FAQ/googling just suggests what I have already tried !

Ferguson Sat 15-Feb-14 19:16:58

There are several Canon user forums, and you can also email direct to Canon on their site.

Sorry can't help further. Good luck.

LIZS Sun 16-Feb-14 17:31:12

Thanks, Canon support is unavailable this w/end. I've extracted a hair from one roller but can't see any jams inside, rollers seem to rotate freely but still no joy . Anyone had a similar issue ?

LIZS Sun 16-Feb-14 17:44:18

Well I'm blowed! Just googled again , found a youtube link which suggested turning printer off and manually feeding a thickish piece of cardboard through the rollers. Tiny piece of paper dislodged and now it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now