Talk

Advanced search

Where is audiobook from pottermore on iPad?

(13 Posts)
eeky Tue 11-Feb-14 23:28:36

Hi, I have purchased an audiobook on Pottermore.com. I have successfully downloaded it onto my work PC and a Kindle Fire (needed to download an app to unzip it on latter).

I have an iPad air which is new - never used apple devices before and am struggling slightly. I have downloaded the audiobook onto the iPad, has done this as the number of downloads left has reduced by one. I just can't
Find the damn thing on the iPad. Have win zip on it. Can anyone advise? Ta.

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Wed 12-Feb-14 07:54:20

Is there a file manager on iPad? I'd imagine it would be in a download folder or something. Either that, or do you have an app for paying audio books? That might pick it up.

RustyBear Wed 12-Feb-14 22:01:26

In the Music app, Audiobooks should be listed among the icons at the bottom of the screen, but you may have to touch 'More' to get the list

eeky Sat 15-Feb-14 13:00:43

Sorry, both of you have had power cut on/off since I posted! All back on for good now, fingers crossed.

Tried the music app, but there is no audiobook icon along the bottom of the screen. Looked in iTunes (is this the same as music app?) and no luck either. Not in Kindle app.

Can you suggest an audiobooks app to download?

Coolcadbury Tue 18-Feb-14 19:20:15

Did you sort it yet? In case you haven't:

This explains how to do it. Go to the part that says Listen to an Audiobook.

eeky Tue 18-Feb-14 22:43:54

No, I am bamboozled! coolcadbury, that link is great but I have already downloaded the audiobook from pottermore website (not iTunes), and I can't find audiobooks anywhere after pressing the music button. Aargh!

Coolcadbury Wed 19-Feb-14 00:47:39

Have you got an iBook app on your iPad? It might be in there?

eeky Wed 19-Feb-14 08:56:25

Nope!

Coolcadbury Wed 19-Feb-14 09:35:53

Oh how frustrating for you. I'm getting frustrated and it's not even my purchase. angry Download iBooks on to your iPad and then do a sync with your iTunes (am I right in thinking that it is downloaded to your iTunes account on your PC?) and cross fingers that it works.

RustyBear Wed 19-Feb-14 10:30:16

iBooks is for ebooks, I think eeky has downloaded an audio version. The is a lot of help on the web for ebooks, not so much for audio.

I have been having a look round, and can't find anything about downloading directly to an iPad, only to iTunes on a PC and synching from there.

I had a try at downloading a sample of the philosopher's stone direct from the site to my iPad, and though there were two links, one to 'listen' and the other to download, though I used the download link, all that seemed to happen was that it played once, and like you I can't find it anywhere on my iPad.

Can you synch your iPad with your work computer, or would that mess up other stuff? If you can, you may want to check that it is on there as an audiobook - mp3 audiobooks often seem to go on as 'music' and need to be changed in the settings - how to do it varies according to which version of iTunes you have, but I read a helpful article about it, which I will see if I can find again.

RustyBear Wed 19-Feb-14 10:36:01

oakroadsystems.com/genl/itunsabk.htm#AppSep

This is the webpage I used - the relevant (I hope!) bit is the appendix near the end which shows how to change the type from music to audio book. I had to do this when I imported a 20-CD History of Britain box set and it all went into the music bit - it was very tedious!

Coolcadbury Wed 19-Feb-14 13:03:23

OK I did it with a sample of the audio.

The only way I could do it was through iTunes on my laptop. So, copy your mp3 into itunes, make a couple of adjustments, sync with your iPad, and voila, within music app, an Audiobook icon appears along with book. This explains it all. Its particularly relevant from 1:38 onwards.

Coolcadbury Wed 19-Feb-14 13:09:36

All the help stuff on Pottermore for audiobooks seems to be "transfer to device" using iTunes, as opposed to "download to device" directly onto iPad. I think its worth contacting Pottermore to either ask them how its done or ask them to give you back one of your downloads if its not possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now