Talk

Advanced search

apple macpro or alternatives

(3 Posts)
lokijet Sun 09-Feb-14 15:19:12

am looking to replace my old laptop which has died and am finding myself seduced by the concept of macbook as people seem to love them and they get great reviews

I do have an ipod but am otherwise apple free so just wondering what the pitfalls are

my phone is samsung note2 and I am really happy with it so not looking to go all out for apple but I want a laptop rather than a tablet (and some storage capability) and have not been that impressed by what google has suggested from samsung

Im not a serious gamer or anything but need to store photos and music (currently use dropbox and laptop) and will probably wtch some film/tv downloads

Any advise or warnings gratefully recieved

antimatter Sun 09-Feb-14 17:32:08

Are you prepared to pay that much for storage of photos and access to music?

How about an 10in iPad with a keyboard?

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Wed 12-Feb-14 07:58:53

If you're not an Apple household then don't get a Mac. You'll be hit with all sorts of compatibility issues and you'll probably find it unintuitive to use.

People are seduced by the dodgy marketing but they really aren't that great for what you pay. Get yourself a nice Windows laptop or an Android tablet, save yourself some pennies and frustration.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now