Advanced search


(5 Posts)
Svrider Fri 08-Nov-13 18:08:29

So my mum wants I Internet acess
Can I just get a Lap top and dongle?
How many Mb do I need (Facebook , you tube, Argos etc)
She does believe in direct debit
She lives in the middle of no where, do I need a special provider?

LIZS Fri 08-Nov-13 18:34:34

Try a 3 mifi dongle on payg . You just plug in and top up the sim as and when , either when the length of time expires (you can get 1 month up to year) or the loaded data has been used up.

Svrider Sat 09-Nov-13 06:20:16

Thanks Lizs

FormaLurka Sat 09-Nov-13 14:54:22

Heavy YouTube usage will burn through most data allowances so having a dongle as your at home service is a expensive way of doing it.

I suggest you get a landline broadband contract with WiFi hub thrown in and surf off your phone when you are out and about

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 09-Nov-13 15:24:55

If she lives in the middle of nowhere make sure she can actually get a decent 3g signal in her house. Mobile data is expensive, so if she can get broadband through landline/cable that may be a better option

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now