Talk

Advanced search

To Dongle or not to Dongle?

(5 Posts)
2712 Tue 28-May-13 11:04:09

Am going to stay in a caravan at the weekend and want to take my laptop and DS wants to take his ipod touch.
There is free wi fi in the cafe on site but we want internet access in the caravan. Can this be done?
Do I need to buy a dongle and if so which one? We only need it for 4 days so no contract needed.
I don't have a smartphone so can't use that.
TIA

HabbaDabba Tue 28-May-13 12:42:47

Go to Amazon.co.uk and check out MiFi. Pair that up with a Giffgaff data only payg SIM and you are off to the races.

2712 Tue 28-May-13 14:39:28

Thanx Habba

firefly11 Tue 28-May-13 14:54:16

I was told that Giffgaff uses the O2 network. You'd best check if O2 covers the area where you'll be staying. I travel up and down England quite a lot and have been with O2 for the last, nearly 2 years now. I found that O2 3G coverage is very patchy especially in areas that are not big cities. Three 3G has the best coverage countrywide but still, check to see if it covers where you'll be staying.

firefly11 Tue 28-May-13 14:55:28

You can check 3G coverage in UK for the network providers here : www.compare3gmobilebroadband.co.uk/3g-coverage-uk.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now