Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of delta search

(7 Posts)
unobtanium Mon 27-May-13 13:21:26

I really hope someone can advise. I cannot log onto any internet browser or site for that matter without getting constantly interrupted by new windows popping up throwing websites I have no interest in at me.

I have found something online, slightly awkward translation from another language, telling me that www.delta-search.com is a virus and I have to do all sorts of funny things to get rid (could not quite follow the instructions).

Can anyone advise??? I would really appreciate any help you can give!

Chanatan Mon 27-May-13 14:08:50

Found this

HOW TO REMOVE DELTA SEARCH?

When trying to remove Delta Search virus from the system, you should firstly eliminate it from Add/Remove Programs list. For that, click the Start button and then select Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Additionally, remove Delta Search from your browsers:

Internet Explorer:
Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Option -> General tab.Enter Google or other address to make it the default start page.

Mozilla Firefox:
Open Mozilla Firefox, go to Tools -> Options -> General -> Startup. Now select 'Show a blank page' when Firefox Starts or set a certain website, like Google or similar..

Google Chrome:
Open Google Chrome, click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other and delete Delta Search from the list. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.

Pan Mon 27-May-13 17:09:31

OP, I had this a few weeks ago - I thought it was AGV doing the bad stuff but it was delta than had gotten downloaded.

Check this thread of mine esp where nannynick recommends a AWDcleaner (around 23.59 I think - it's brutl with infections but make sure everything you hold sacred is backed up.

Pan Mon 27-May-13 17:10:16

it's brutal with infections, rather..

Chanatan Mon 27-May-13 17:23:08

AWD cleaner is perfectly safe,I use it weekly on our 3 pc,s.It wont touch any personal files.

I would also download malwarebytes and do a scan with that,you may have other malware as well as delta search(remenber to update malwarebytes before scanning)

unobtanium Tue 28-May-13 12:13:40

Thank you all very much. I will have a go this evening after backing up!

Appreciate the help

deltasearchservice Wed 29-May-13 07:40:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now