Talk

Advanced search

Electronic Diary/PDA

(10 Posts)
dalek Tue 14-May-13 17:24:12

I wonder if anyone can help me. I would like a PDA that has a week to view diary. I don't want it on my phone but do want to be able to back it up on my PC.

Does anybody have one that they would recommend. Have always used Palm devices in the past and have liked them but they are no longer available.

TIA

x

dalek Tue 14-May-13 19:32:29

Anyone?

niceguy2 Tue 14-May-13 19:52:36

I think nowadays most people have it on their smartphones. It seems a bit silly to carry two devices around when you can carry one.

I use Google Calendar in conjunction with my Samsung Galaxy Note. I guess you can use any tablet, smartphone combination. So for example use your ipad/Galaxy Tab/Nexus tablet, sync it with your phone (or don't) and access from any PC.

No need to backup at all. Let Google worry about that.

dalek Tue 14-May-13 20:20:21

The problem is that I am usually on my phone when I am trying to make arrangements so hence the need for 2 devices.

brainonastick Tue 14-May-13 20:21:36

Earphones for the phone? Then you can look at your phone to make the appointment?

niceguy2 Tue 14-May-13 20:22:36

Would the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" tablet or Google Nexus be too big?

MomOfTomStubby Tue 14-May-13 21:31:35

Of course PDAs still exist. They are called Apple Touch smile

dalek Tue 14-May-13 22:49:41

Yes but itouch does not have week to view - only ipad does - too big to carry around in my handbag - I might have to revert to paper diary wink

MomOfTomStubby Tue 14-May-13 22:50:55

But various 69p apps do smile

dalek Tue 14-May-13 23:21:46

Thank you mumoftomstubby - will get myself on the app store. I knew mumsnet would sort me out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now