Talk

Advanced search

Do you run a home iPad and a work iPad? Does it work or is it a mess?

(10 Posts)
IDoTakeTwo Mon 13-May-13 16:00:11

Yay, lucky me! Except it is a pita.

I don't really want to do everything on the work one, otherwise I know I will use Apple TV to broadcast my period tracking app to the whole building, and what if I want to apply for a new job, or look at naughty websites?

So I plan to keep work and private stuff separate. I guess it would be good to sync the calendar? Anyone know if that is possible?

I've gone from pleasing myself how I use the iPad, to feeling beholden. :-(

Rosesforrosie Mon 13-May-13 16:02:28

Be very careful about syncing the calendar. That is exactly how I accidentally broadcast my period tracking.
blush blush

IDoTakeTwo Mon 13-May-13 16:10:05

I never minded a master diary when it was paper based, but I can just see dh sending a saucy iMessage or ovulation production etc.

I think I'll look a knob carrying two about though. Two jags stylee

EduCated Mon 13-May-13 16:12:53

Can you have two separate calendars which each sync to the other iPad, if that makes sense? Then you can mark certain appointments on the home one so that they don't show fully on the other?

Not sure if that's actually possible, though!

IDoTakeTwo Mon 13-May-13 16:34:48

I know you can have different calendars on one iPad, but not sure if the other way!

Training is of course, zero!

ParkerTheThief Mon 13-May-13 18:06:19

Can you run the work one from a separate apple account where work pay for apps?

I have a work email linked to a work apple account and a personal iPad linked to my own account.

I can run my work calendar on both (and on my iPhone) and I have Dropbox/sugar sync on both so I can share files. This tends to be work files only.

IDoTakeTwo Mon 13-May-13 18:10:05

I have an awful feeling they like you to set up an account and claim back (so obv no one ever gets around to it).

Drop box would work.

I think I am going to have to get used to looking a knob

ParkerTheThief Mon 13-May-13 19:09:44

Can you set up an account, not link a credit card to it but buy an iTunes voucher (say for £50) credit that to the account and claim for the voucher. That way work have prepaid for your apps.

IDoTakeTwo Mon 13-May-13 19:24:32

Oh that would be sensible, thanks

ParkerTheThief Mon 13-May-13 19:32:58

Saves claiming in dribs and drabs and I know if you spend a couple of pounds it hardly seems worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now