Talk

Advanced search

Anyone created their own website?

(7 Posts)
Booboostoo Sun 12-May-13 17:48:03

I am not particularly tech savy and I certainly don't know or wish to learn computer programming, can I still create my own website? Has anyone done this?

I want to be able to think through the layout and functionality as the site is being created and try different formats. I want to have control over updating every aspect of the content. Ideally I would like to have a comments function and maintain moderator right and possibly a 'like' function.

Is it silly to think I could do this?

loopydoo Sun 12-May-13 21:21:05

I did mine through vista print. It was easy and I hadn't had experience with web design before.

Booboostoo Sun 12-May-13 22:57:17

Thanks for the link, I'll look it up. I was playing around with Google sites today and it seems doable (also that one is free, do you pay for Vista Print?).

MrsMeg Sun 12-May-13 23:09:26

Have you looked at Mr Site?

hedwig2001 Sun 12-May-13 23:10:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

niceguy2 Mon 13-May-13 11:12:09

You may also want to look at Wix.com which is incredibly easy to use. It's pretty much drag & drop. It's also free as long as you don't mind a small banner at the bottom with their logo and a .wix.com URL. You can pay to remove those restrictions.

Booboostoo Mon 13-May-13 21:25:27

Thank you everyone, I have looked at all the suggestions and it doesn't seem as difficult as I feared! I shall give it a go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: