Talk

Advanced search

New sky or move existing?

(3 Posts)
whatsleep Sun 12-May-13 14:23:13

Ok, just after a bit of advise before i phone sky. We have two phone lines in the house. The home phone which is with sky package (phone, broadband and tv) business line with BT. Now,want to get rid of the home phone and move business line to sky. So what's the best way to do this. Do we just move existing package over to the new line or set up a new package in a different name I.e replicating a new customer?

NetworkGuy Mon 13-May-13 12:10:17

Are you sure Sky take on 'business' users ?

I ask, because when they bought Easynet (data network) they allowed management team to set up fresh business-only ISP (ie bought the network setup but didn't want the business customers).

Also, if it is classed as business by BT they may not allow a transfer to a 'residential' supplier.

I assume this is primarily to save a bit on outgoings but also suspect HMRC may look unfavourably on business "expense" for Sky Sports, Movies, Atlantic, plus Dave, MTV, and Discovery...

whatsleep Mon 13-May-13 16:08:35

We run a small business from home and currently just claim for the Internet part of the sky package we have, so the only difference from HMRC point would be that the business would pay for the phone and Internet, we would pay for the tv part through our home bills. Didn't occur to me that there may be a prob with the Bt line being a business one....will have to phone sky and check that one out. Thanks for replying NWG grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now