Talk

Advanced search

Fecking original ipad

(5 Posts)
TheConstantLurker Sat 11-May-13 10:45:30

Enough already! I now can't watch the old channel 5 or itv stuff as the apps need upgrading but the ipad can't accept upgrades. Most newer apps require the latest IOS upgrade. I keep having to reset the dammed thing because it starts running really slowly and losing interent connection. And today I had to run around in circles because my email wouldn't work.
So I am on DP's work laptop atm.
Am thinking maybe I need to invest in a new device. But which one? I am pretty useless with technology and have pretty basic needs.
I like Apple stuff but am reluctant to consider another ipad.
What should I get?

ClaimedByMe Sat 11-May-13 10:47:11

The only thing the original iPad is good for is frisbeeing across the room, mine has given me the rage already this morning sad

TheConstantLurker Sat 11-May-13 10:51:20

I am thinking I will donate mine to my younger two children. Frisbee action optional.

oh and expense is a consideration in any new purchase.

niceguy2 Sat 11-May-13 11:31:45

Depends what your budget is as to what is the best tablet.

Apple still have the most mature tablets but personally I never want to be tied into the Apple walled garden again. Like you both, i still have the original ipad but it's slow nowadays so I rarely use it. Kids still do but I'm also after a newer tablet when funds allow.

My ideal would be the Asus Transformer Prime which you can get from eBay for £349 but you can get cheaper 9"-10" models for around £200ish.

TheConstantLurker Sat 11-May-13 12:36:38

But is a tablet necessary? or is it just that it's going to be cheaper than any laptop?
I miss the automatic capitalisation in my ipad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now