Talk

Advanced search

Kindle screen broken?

(6 Posts)
Laquila Mon 06-May-13 22:29:25

Just picked up my Kindle (keyboard, purchased in 2011) after charging to find that the screen has gone funny - not the whole thing, but about 30% of it, has gone a bit like an etch-a-sketch - thin broken lines running horizontally and vertically. I can still see the home screen behind the blurring, as it were, but despite having turned it off and on again, nothing's improved.

I called Amazon CS and they can offer a refurbished replacement, with a one-year warranty, for a good discount (approx £20- £50 off, deeding in model chosen).

Has anyone had a similar experience and managed to salvage their original Kindle? Should I just go for a refurbished Paperwhite wifi for £75?

Theas18 Tue 07-May-13 16:28:30

Go for the refurb!

Laquila Wed 08-May-13 22:16:00

Thanks for your response, Theas18!

I've sent it back and have ordered the Paperwhite - quite excited now smile

I'd had nearly two years of use it f the keyboard one, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my husband might have accidentally stood on it whilst it was charging, and now isn't admitting to it....

SingSongMummy Wed 08-May-13 22:19:55

Yup laquila I stood on mine and the same thing happened to the screen, I think your DH needs to confess!

Laquila Wed 08-May-13 22:21:28

I bloody knew it, SingSong!

That's size 12 feet for you...

fengirl1 Wed 08-May-13 22:30:10

To be fair, it is common for this to happen without the assistance of feet! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now