Talk

Advanced search

Digital compact camera under £100 to stalk newborn with

(8 Posts)
fertilityFTW Sat 20-Apr-13 18:26:27

Expecting first baby in a few weeks. Have a large camera but wanted to pick up a smallish pocket sized one to take to hospital/ have on call for photos of babe (promise these will not be plastered all over Facebook etc. ad nauseum).

Image stabilisation and decent low-light capability (infants don't like bright sudden flashes I reckon?) would be much appreciated bonus - though at under £100 I know I can't expect too much!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

mybelovedmonster Sat 20-Apr-13 18:33:02

Have a look at the Canon Ixus - there are loads of models and you should be able to find a slightly older model for that money.

fertilityFTW Sat 20-Apr-13 18:41:43

Thanks beloved! Any particular model? Did you have a good experience with one?

mybelovedmonster Sat 20-Apr-13 18:45:15

We had the Ixus 850 but that's prob not available anymore. Go with something with a good macro setting for extreme close-ups smile

We've got the powershot 220 at the moment which is only £139 for what I think is a pretty good camera, but its less of a point and shoot - and you wouldn't need such a big zoom.

mybelovedmonster Sat 20-Apr-13 18:51:42

Iirc the Ixus 220 is a good one too, though haven't had it myself so can't vouch for picture quality.

fertilityFTW Sat 20-Apr-13 18:54:11

I've been desperately eyeing this Sony but can't justify the tag.

Good macro setting is a great tip and something I hadn't thought off! Thinking little lashes, fingers and toes!

Woofers Sat 20-Apr-13 18:58:38

Have a look on gumtree and eBay - I got a Sony (no idea what model!) for £60
Does the job

You can get an Ixus 120 for £100 plus delivery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now