Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a printer please

(6 Posts)
Theladyinpurple Fri 19-Apr-13 13:20:40

My printer has died so need a new one.
I don't have a clue what to go for. Can anyone recommend one please?
It needs to be able to scan/copy too and cheap (ish) ink would be great smile
Thanks for any help.

Some possibilities here. One of the Brother printers might be a good choice? Check the reviews.

NetworkGuy Sat 20-Apr-13 18:07:52

Might be worth mentioning what you've been using, what sort of budget you'd consider, whether you regularly print high quality (photo style) images (eg of family, for a newsletter or business), and whether you need it to be wireless or what you'd plug it into (only because someone may be able to explain from personal experience some of the good or bad points).

For example, I was given an HP PSC 1355 {it's an all-in-one print/copy/scan inkjet) and found a problem trying to install it on Windows 7 pc (it didn't install!).

I will try again with Win Vista and Windows XP, but am currently using it OK from this Apple iMac (though with black ink at 10 quid or more and a separate 3-colour cartridge that's even more, I'm going to try a 'compatible' black for less than half HP's price).

Floralnomad Sat 20-Apr-13 18:09:32

We changed to a Kodak as they seem really reasonable on ink costs .

Freddiemisagreatshag Sat 20-Apr-13 18:12:12

I have an epson stylus sx235w and it's dirt cheap for ink off amazon

JedwardScissorhands Sat 20-Apr-13 18:14:08

Do you want laser or inkjet? Inkjet is cheaper upfront,but only good for low volume regular printing as the ink is expensive per page and dries up if not used regularly.

I have recently got a Samsung laser colour printer which also scans and copies. £200 including full laser toners which should last really well; still at 98% after a few months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now