Talk

Advanced search

Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2

(10 Posts)
ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Mon 15-Apr-13 09:02:49

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times, but can't see anything on this specifically.

I want a tablet for Sky Go, films, general browsing.

Which of the above would you recommend?

If you have one what does it not do that you want it to?

And most importantly, can I MN on it? wink

Trills Mon 15-Apr-13 09:12:15

Both of those will run all the same apps. You can do "internetting" on them, so yes you can MN. Both will allow you to download different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc) if you want.

Nexus 7 runs on a more up to date operating system, but you probably won't notice much of a difference there.

Same size, obviously, 7 inches across the diagonal bit of the screen.

They both weigh about the same (within 5g of 345g)

Both have 1GB of RAM.

Galaxy Tab 2 has a 1GHz processor, Wikipedia says that the Nexus 7 has 1.3GHz, so that's slightly faster.

Nexus 7 is 1280 x 800 screen, Galaxy Tab 2 is 1024 x 600 so the Nexus wins there.

Galaxy Tab 2 specs

Technical bits for the Nexus 7

Trills Mon 15-Apr-13 09:13:51

The Nexus has a camera pointing at you (so you can Skype etc) but not a camera pointing away from you. Galaxy Tab 2 has both. So if you felt that you might want to take pictures with your tablet you'd want a Galaxy Tab 2.

5madthings Mon 15-Apr-13 09:16:20

I have a nexus and love love love it.

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Tue 16-Apr-13 08:06:49

Honestly, who takes photos with a tablet???

Nexus wins out in this fight by a small margin, mostly screen res and operating system. It's also pure android so you'll get more timely software updates when they are available.

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Tue 16-Apr-13 09:33:38

Thank you everyone, I'm going to collect my Nexus at lunchtime smile

NetworkGuy Tue 16-Apr-13 10:22:54

Just out of interest, since you probably have some figures to hand, what were the comparative costs, please ? Hope you enjoy your new tablet.

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Tue 16-Apr-13 11:05:24

I'm getting the 32GB for £199 at Argos.
I could have got it slightly cheaper on Amazon I think but I have an Argos voucher.
Currys was also £199.
The 16GB is about £150.

There's very little between the Nexus and the Tab cost wise.

NetworkGuy Tue 16-Apr-13 16:22:26

Thanks - was just curious - cannot justify that kind of money as my Archos (15 months old) still going strong... for now... smile

Trillz Tue 16-Apr-13 22:15:18

I agree - taking photos on a tablet is silly - but I thought I should offer all the info!

Enjoy your Nexus! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: