Talk

Advanced search

Recovering deleted texts on my iPhone

(7 Posts)
sunnysunnyshine Wed 13-Mar-13 21:05:52

I've just deleted all the texts my sister and I have ever sent each other on my iPhone... Meant to just delete the last one as I've had an argument with dh and was having a bit of a moan. Is there any way I can get my texts back??

I'm stupidly sentimental about things like old texts and am gutted to have lost 3+ years worth!

niceguy2 Thu 14-Mar-13 16:07:41

When was the last time you did a full backup of your phone on iTunes?

NetworkGuy Thu 14-Mar-13 16:42:18

I'd look for an App like the one i have on my Android (thanks to someone on MN, probably NannyNick) which logs all incoming and outgoing calls (duration and phone number) and all text messages (with a user control to vary how long before it is logged, giving you a chance to delete an incoming message if required!)

Of course it's not like backup/recover but at least I know if I lost my mobile on a train or if it was stolen, then any recent phone numbers and messages could be found again in my GMail account, while I contacted the network to disable the SIM and suspend the account (so a thief could not ring up huge charges for me).

Hope you find a way to get yours back. Good luck.

nannynick Thu 14-Mar-13 18:53:25

There is software that claims to be able to recover SMS, such as Dr.Fone. I think the trial version will identify things it can recover, then you have to pay to actually recover the files.

I have no experience with iPhones, so found this having done a google search, seems to have good reviews, but as with any software use caution, do some research to see what others say about it.

chickydoo Sun 17-Mar-13 16:19:47

Try syncing your iPhone with your computer, if you backed up recently your texts may have been saved
Good luck

Bthaaly Thu 03-Mar-16 05:44:47

You can completely recover iphone all data using Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. It supports recover data from iPhone iPod iPad .
www.coolmuster.com/data-recovery-for-iphone-ipad-ipod.html

hiahihia Tue 24-May-16 10:07:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now