Talk

Advanced search

baby vomit on laptop keyboard

(4 Posts)
Gentleness Tue 22-Jan-13 14:20:03

Not loads, just a few keys as a result of dramatic projectile vomiting. I tipped it upside down but obviously dealt with baby first. Then I wiped it with a cloth slightly damp with antibac and more thoroughly with dry cloth. Now various keys are doing the wrong things and the pointer and mouse buttons started playing up so I've turned it off and disconnected all power.

Is it doomed? I'm so upset as I had so much to do today, and really no money spare for replacing it, nevermind the hassle...

Help!!! Or talk me down...

12thmonkey Tue 22-Jan-13 14:28:17

it probably needs to be dried out. Is it a laptop with integrated nipple mouse. ie the button in the centre of the keyboard ? . If not you can get external mouse and keyboard and plug them in. The main laptop should be ok.

niceguy2 Tue 22-Jan-13 16:44:13

hmmm, hard to say. Vomit is acidic isn't it?

Try again once it's dry and i agree with 12thmonkey. If it doesn't work then switch to using a external key/mouse until you can pay to get it fixed or replaced.

Gentleness Tue 22-Jan-13 16:58:53

I have removed the keyboard ( touch pad not integrated) and carefully wiped away the vomit from underneath.. Other suggestions were to wipe out with electronic cleaner but none of that available so hoping that isn't essential. Now I'm trying hard to be patient but really don't think I can wait the 72hrs suggested!!! Dare I switch it on now?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: