Talk

Advanced search

I want to set up my website and need to register a domain name.... any recommendations?

(5 Posts)
orangina Tue 08-Jan-13 17:17:01

Hi there....
I want to set up a website (super basic) that I can link an email account to.... I have just had a quick look online and there seem to be lots of companies that can do all of this for you (eg domain monster.com)....

Can anyone recommend a decent one, or are there any to avoid? I'm a bit new at all of this...

Many thanks! smile

carocaro Tue 08-Jan-13 18:00:56

Mr Site, cheap, easy to use, super reliable. Go for it. You can register your domain with them and build a basic site, they have examples of site and tutorials online.

orangina Tue 08-Jan-13 22:37:25

Brilliant, MANY thanks carocaro...... smile

NetworkGuy Tue 08-Jan-13 23:23:19

Have not tried them yet, but www.One.com charges 9 quid (+VAT) for web hosting, e-mail for the first year, and throw in a free (.co.uk I assume) domain (which normally costs around 7-8 quid at 123-reg.co.uk).

Obviously worth checking the second year costs and if they seem high, can transfer domain in a few months time, and get alternative hosting + e-mail support at that time.

If you are after a .com then worth checking godaddy.com, name.com, mydomain.com and namecheap.com for any 'Christmas' or 'New Year' deals...

Himalaya Tue 08-Jan-13 23:25:47

I use reg-123 - have always been reliable for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now