Advanced search

does this exist and what is it called?

(9 Posts)
Booyhoo Sat 05-Jan-13 23:15:06

i want to get a door bell, but i am registering as a CMer and dont want a loud chimer or buzzer going off when there might be babies/small ones sleeping so i was wondering if there is such a thing where it buzzes on a portable device that clips onto you. like a pager? (or even better would be a doorbell that sounded/buzzed on my iphone? <longshot>)

i know this might not be a geeky thing but i guessed that people who are into their gadgets might know of such a thing and what it's called so that i could search for it.


BettySuarez Sat 05-Jan-13 23:16:08

You can get wireless doorbells?

bryonywhisker Sat 05-Jan-13 23:17:33

I would have thought that there would be something like that for deaf people? RNID?

EdwiniasRevenge Sat 05-Jan-13 23:18:39

I have a semi portable device the chimer plugs into any electrical socket so you could put in any room you choose.

I am sure you can get abattery operated chimers as well which would be more portable.

Got mine from b&q

HoneyDragon Sat 05-Jan-13 23:22:04

Yes they are available for the hearing impaired.

Like this

Or Maplins to a clip on door bell pager but I don't know if it has a vibrate option.

Booyhoo Sat 05-Jan-13 23:22:08

ok good. will google wireless doorbells and see if that will work.

Booyhoo Sat 05-Jan-13 23:25:13

ooh more posts! will have a look at b and q and that link honey

thank you.

Booyhoo Sat 05-Jan-13 23:37:46

the iphone doorbell exists!

although it's a bit over my budget for a doorbell grin

the doorbell/pager system is expensive too but i think one of the portable sets will work aslong as i can turn the volume down.

HoneyDragon Sat 05-Jan-13 23:48:13


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: