Talk

Advanced search

Mini dvd help needed please

(4 Posts)
MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Fri 14-Dec-12 23:27:45

We had our play group nativity recorded by one of the parents who has now handed us a mini dvd which has the footage on it, my laptop does not seem to want to open the dvd and I need to get the footage off it so I can make copies for the other parents. Any advice?

nannynick Sat 15-Dec-12 14:58:55

Does your laptop read the disc at all - so for example can you navigate the contents and see folders on the disc? If not, then give it back to the parent who recorded it and ask them to transfer it to a standard DVD as their camera should still be able to read the disc. Maybe it just needs to be finalised (if it's a Rewritable Disc) so it can be read on other devices.

VideoLan is a media player which will attempt to play all sorts of things, so if your laptop can physically read the disc, videolan will attempt to play it. However that may not help you in making copies for parents, as you need to be able to read the dvd and copy the contents, so your DVD copying software needs to be able to read the disc.

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Sat 15-Dec-12 15:24:27

Thank you nanny, my pc does not recognise it at all, will make a call to the parent with the camera.

MissLToeishavingsantasbabyboo Sun 16-Dec-12 11:57:05

We got the camera and managed to finalize the disk smile it is now on my laptop but in a format that cannot be copied, but that is ok as the local computer shop have offered to re format it for me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now