Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you've bought a Wii U for xmas, I strongly recommend you set it up now :)

(11 Posts)
Iceflower Sun 02-Dec-12 11:11:47

I picked up ds' Wii U on Friday and struggled to get it to connect to the Wifi. I double and tripled check I'd done everything right, and then resorted to internet forums.

It turns out this is a common problem, and can be solved by entering settings manually. This was a real ffaff and not at all straightforward.

When you finally manage to connect, it then goes through two rounds of updates which take over an hour shock. Well done, Nintendo <NOT>

So if you want a peaceful Christmas day, get it sorted early!

somewheresomehow Sun 02-Dec-12 22:10:16

we had this on friday seemed to take ages but its worth it
nintendo's games are the best family games grin

Cahoootz Mon 03-Dec-12 08:41:19

Great advice [fflowers]

Cahoootz Mon 03-Dec-12 08:41:36

Great advice [fthanks]

Cahoootz Mon 03-Dec-12 08:43:11

Ohh dear, must have my coffee before trying not very complicated smileys

Last attempt,

thanks

Iceflower Mon 03-Dec-12 09:15:33

smile, glad to help.

schilke Mon 03-Dec-12 15:08:43

Have you played it? I really want to get one, but want to know what it is like before I buy one.

Iceflower Mon 03-Dec-12 20:24:22

Hi schilke,

I bought the Wii U for ds, aged 10. We already have the Wii, and in many ways it's similar. The advantages I have noticed so far are:

- better graphics
- internet access is much quicker
- the touch screen controller makes it a whole lot easier to enter any text!
- with some games, the controller provides extra detail without needing to switch screens. Also with 2player games, the player with the controller can enter moves secretly, ie not displayed on tv
- with games like Super Mario U, using the Wii remote seems to work better. However the new controller offers a added dimension, eg abiity to draw moves on screen
- lots more available on line, along the lines of xbox

that's it so far!

schilke Tue 04-Dec-12 08:23:28

Thanks Iceflower. smile I must confess I really want to play Zombi u! We have a wii and ds1 has a ps3. I'm not sure i can justify the purchase! Did you get the basic or premium pack?

Iceflower Tue 04-Dec-12 09:06:16

Premium pack as it has more storage, and a stand (woo-oooo!) Also, I wanted a black as it shows up less dirt from grubby boys' hands!

Zombi U is a bit hardcore for us grin

schilke Tue 04-Dec-12 10:53:28

Zombi u for me not the dc! I used to love gaming pre dc.

I think it might have to wait for us. Dh didn't look too impressed at the idea this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now