Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used a home video editing service?

(6 Posts)
DontSayWhatSayPardon Thu 29-Nov-12 14:50:50

I'm looking into getting the video footage of DS from the last 3 years edited together onto a DVD for DH for Xmas. It's all in digital format (iPhone and digital video camera). I know you can do it yourself on a mac - but we dont have one. I'm sure you can get software that allows you to do it on a pc too but tbh our pc is soooo slow and I just don't have the time between now and Xmas anyway. So I'm thinking of just getting someone else to do it but was after a recommendation on which company to use if poss. Thanks for any input!

DoLovePersimmon Thu 29-Nov-12 15:11:39

Check if you have Windows Live Movie Maker on your PC. I did't know I had one, but it's easy to use.
To find out, click the Start button, type movie maker in the search box, and see if it appears in the list of results.

DontSayWhatSayPardon Thu 29-Nov-12 17:18:54

Thanks DoLove. Even if I have, I haven't got time to distill 3 years of clips into one movie in the next 3 weeks unfortunately. But I will have a look so I know for the future. I should aim to put these things together as I go along to avoid having such a backlog!

philhowardjones Tue 16-Apr-13 14:08:30

Hi,

Shame it didn't see your message before Xmas.

At Your Wonderful World we can edit all kinds of video, film and photographic formats in to truly wonderful short films - perfect to highlight a special celebration, give as the perfect present or make the most of great memories.
If you still think there's anyway we can help please give me a call or email.

Tel:0844 375 8539 / Email phil@yourwonderfulworld.co.uk

Phil
www.yourwonderfulworld.co.uk

NetworkGuy Tue 16-Apr-13 16:28:48

These days many people object to spending cash to phone a business, Phil. Would suggest you find yourself an 03xxx number if you don't want to publish a home phone number. 03xxx is "included" in many phone plans, as it's regarded the same as 01/ 02 type numbers, so can be called cheaply from both landlines and mobiles.

0800 is fine from most landlines, but mobile users pay upwards of 40p a minute, and 08xxx numbers are regarded as "special" by most mobile networks.

Even called from a landline, 08xx can end up pretty expensive (apart from 0800, 0808, 0500 numbers, of course). I made just a few calls to 0845 numbers and the charges hit more than 3 quid (if I call 01/ 02/ 03 it's 5p per call with no per minute charge, from 1899.com).

NetworkGuy Tue 16-Apr-13 16:31:29

PS in case you decide to dredge up other past threads to post something promotional, any such further posts will be reported as spam and all posts likely would end up deleted... felt I'd give benefit of doubt for a one-off! The use of 0844 alone means you'd never get a call from me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now