Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Micro SD for Galaxy Ace

(6 Posts)
changeforthebetterforObama Thu 22-Nov-12 06:17:50

My phone is about 2 months ol. I keep getting messages about internal memory - it's nearly always full. Income with a 2GB card. If I get a bigger one will it mean can get more apps? At the moment I have had to delete lots to save room for incoming texts.

niceguy2 Thu 22-Nov-12 08:44:54

A microSD card will allow you to move some of the apps onto the SD card but not all. In short it will help a little bit but it may not be the magic bullet solution.

Do you have lots of music & photos on the phone? The SD card would definitely help there.

Theas18 Thu 22-Nov-12 09:17:37

Unless you have lots of music etc as nice guy said (I assume you have moved all the shops you can to the card) I suspect you might be just running up against the gave that it has little internal memory

mrs2cats Thu 22-Nov-12 21:56:59

You may already know this/tried this but have you checked the email account? I thought that once I'd deleted messages they were gone but they weren't. I went into trash and there were all the messages I'd deleted from the inbox. Once I deleted those it freed up a lot of memory.

daimbardiva Sat 24-Nov-12 22:19:51

I had this problem with my ace and unfortunately getting a bigger micro sd card didn't really help as a lot if apps can't be moved to the sd card

nannynick Sat 24-Nov-12 22:41:27

I have the same trouble with my GA, it's the way it installs apps that is the problem, many use some of the internal memory.

I think the only way to resolve that is to Root the phone (installing a slightly different operating system version). I don't quite understand it, but that's what someone more knowledgeable about android phones told me. It may void warranty.

I find having History Eraser app installed handy. It will clear the CACHE on the phone, which can at times be holding 10Mb or so of data.

I also use SMS Backup+ which saves text messages to Gmail.

I find that once internal phone memory drops below 20Mb it starts running slower. Turn off autoupdate of Apps if you have that enabled - you can update them manually using GooglePlay MyApps.

Anyone know of a way of moving Apps to SDcard without rooting the phone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now