Talk

Advanced search

Dreamweaver Help!

(6 Posts)
littlemissnormal Tue 20-Nov-12 21:58:58

Hi,

I have just signed up for a Learn Direct website design course and embarked on it tonight.

I have however hit a stumbling block in that a quarter of the way through the first topic (An Introduction to Dream Weaver) I have found out that I need to install Dream Weaver to continue.

From what I can see it doesn't come an awful lot cheaper than £250 which was a bit of a shock to me.

My questions are is it worth buying, is there any cheaper way or place to get it, and have I just been a bit naive in thinking that I could just complete the course online by only paying for the course and nothing else!

Thanks in advance!

redlac Tue 20-Nov-12 22:02:33

Go to adobe website as I'm sure they do a trial version - dont know how long the trial lasts mind you.

Have you tried eBay? Might be someone selling an old version

tribpot Tue 20-Nov-12 22:06:36

This suggests there should be a student licence at a hefty discount (still 100 quid though).

I'm concerned this course didn't make the costs clear to you, was it this one? There's nothing in the tech requirements.

I can check with work colleagues tomorrow if they're aware of a cheaper option to buy, although I'm not hopeful.

Meganhunt Tue 20-Nov-12 22:14:47

I used this at work and remember the cost being about that. Are you likely to need this software again after the course? I did a dream weaver course a few years back but at a training centre - it was long....

littlemissnormal Tue 20-Nov-12 22:23:02

I didn't think to look on eBay, I'll try that plus maybe the free trial will last me through a bit more of the course! Thanks.

Yeah it's that one. I bought a bundle from Groupon, it was £100 for £1200 worth of their computer courses. I suppose it's that old thing of if something seems too good to be true...

ladyWordy Tue 20-Nov-12 23:58:29

Some good news - Adobe have subscription services for their key products now: you pay a monthly fee to get access to one or all of the Creative Suite packages.

The monthly fee is lower if you take out a year's subscription, and discounts are sometimes available.
https://creative.adobe.com/plans?store_code=gb

It's not really cheap overall, if you only want one product, but worth a look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now