Talk

Advanced search

iPhone has changed some stuff to US settings

(4 Posts)
Curlybrunette Mon 19-Nov-12 20:48:31

Hi,

A few weeks ago my iPhone went a bit crazy and I had to restore to factory settings. I sorted it all out but now when I search the iBooks store the books are sold in dollars and I can't update the apps (in the app store) as it says
"Your account is not valid for use in the US store. You must switch to the UK store before purchasing"

I've been to settings - general - international - and set the language and voice control to British English. Is there somewhere else I need to change something?

Thanks

Cahooots Tue 20-Nov-12 09:22:03

Where did you get your IPhone? Is it jail broken? What version is it?

Fearisforsuckers Tue 20-Nov-12 09:32:54

My phone does this for any Internet site, for example if I search for a product on eBay or amazon the results always come up in dollars or from US

Curlybrunette Tue 20-Nov-12 20:08:08

I think I may have sorted it. My phone's a UK one, and I've never used it in the US.

The problem was after I reset the phone. Fearisforfuckers I've fixed it (I think) by going to iTunes and looking at the top right hand side and it said "log in", I realised I must have become logged out with the reset. Logging back in with my apple ID and password seems to have sorted it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now