Talk

Advanced search

can I get 4od on the telly thorugh the wii?

(8 Posts)
ditavonteesed Mon 19-Nov-12 08:21:22

or is there a way to play the laptop through the tv. Just setting up iplayer as I have worked that one out. didnt even realise these were options until a couple of days ago.

MrsMangoBiscuit Mon 19-Nov-12 08:24:26

I don't know about the wii, but I know we have 4od on the PS3 menu, right next to iplayer. I'd guess you can have both if you have one of them.

More hopeful than helpful there, sorry. grin

Notquite Mon 19-Nov-12 08:26:33

No, unless it's changed very recently.

LIZS Mon 19-Nov-12 08:29:22

only bbc iplayer afaik

LIZS Mon 19-Nov-12 08:29:38

only bbc iplayer afaik

NetworkGuy Mon 19-Nov-12 14:36:15

Re Laptop - quite possibly.

Some modern laptops have an HDMI port, many more have VGA socket (3 rows of 5 pins). A good proportion of TVs have a VGA port, so if both ends have VGA get male to male VGA cable on Ebay / Amazon, for 2 to 10 quid 2 to 5 metre length, guesses at cost based on what I'd pay (bought 4 cables in recent months).

Some laptops duplicate video so laptop shows same as TV, others switch from laptp screen to TV, others allow desktop to be expanded so you can drag an open (but not 'full screen' application window across from laptop to TV.

Do check any video out first on laptoo before trying to play on TV - some software will have a menu controllong which screen to play on, but some might only play on primary (laptop) screen.

HTH

NetworkGuy Mon 19-Nov-12 14:37:37

sorry for typos, using tablet lying in hot bath smile

Naoko Mon 19-Nov-12 14:40:31

Nothing to add to NetworkGuy's spot-on advice, but tablet in the bath shock You are braver than me, after the fines and replacement charges started adding up too much I don't even take library books in there, only magazines and cheap paperbacks that belong to me....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now