Talk

Advanced search

I want an online diary that...

(10 Posts)
stinkinseamonkey Sun 18-Nov-12 13:25:56

has apps for blackberry and smartphone so DH and I can view each other's and ideally overlap them if needed, that is saved mainly online and acessed via mac, secure.

any ideas/recommendations?

thanks

Yama Sun 18-Nov-12 13:28:30

I think that can be done. I know a couple who have access to each others shifts on their phones. Very handy.

Don't know what is it though. <helpful>

stinkinseamonkey Sun 18-Nov-12 13:34:12

would be great if we could find something that'll work on both phones and mac (and pc too actually for DH to access at work without looking like he's playing with his phone).. we end up having to email or text each other all the time to find out who's working/having the car/where the little lad needs to be etc

fivecandles Sun 18-Nov-12 14:46:42

YOu can do this with Google Calendar. It also texts/emails you/your husband with reminders.

niceguy2 Sun 18-Nov-12 15:33:21

Agree with candles. We have our family calendar using Google Calendar and we sync it between the mac, iphone/ipod and Android devices. It rocks. The only niggle which is being quite picky is the default alert is email which I dont want!

stinkinseamonkey Sun 18-Nov-12 19:53:23

thank you :-)

stinkinseamonkey Sun 18-Nov-12 20:36:40

I can't use google calender unless someone can help me with it!:
A babysitter changed google to german (so have been using a different search engine since), can someone have a look at google calender for me and see where "change language" is because I don't know what "change language" might be in german confused

stinkinseamonkey Sun 18-Nov-12 20:42:34

its okay I've found it grin it's in english now

but another question, how secure/private is it?

stinkinseamonkey Sun 18-Nov-12 20:48:10

I searched it and it looks a bit spammy, also Dh would rather not set up another email address, is there a more independant app that'll do the same thing?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sun 18-Nov-12 21:15:31

You don't have to set up a new email address per se, just a Google account. Technically it gives you a mail account but you don't have to use it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now