Talk

Advanced search

iPad update to 6 - storage problem..

(5 Posts)
Lavenderhoney Fri 16-Nov-12 18:59:14

My iPad wants to upgrade to ios6 which I have done on my iPhone. It cannot do it as there is not sufficient space. Do I have to delete DVDs downloads and books? I paid for some , so am not too happy. I don't want to buy extra storage and I cleared all the photos. I deleted an app and I didn't make any difference with the storage free to enable me npto upgrade.

Any advice welcome, I am a bi clueless and have looked it up but no joy, which is most likely because I don't understand what I am looking for.

Thanks !

EMS23 Fri 16-Nov-12 19:00:50

I deleted loads of apps, did the upgrade and then connected the IPad to ITunes on the PC and reloaded them all on.

Vivalebeaver Fri 16-Nov-12 19:02:29

If its any consolation the update is shit. Wish I could go back. Have lost the nice YouTube app and can't find another as good in the App Store.

noblegiraffe Sun 18-Nov-12 00:59:48

If you delete stuff you've purchased from iTunes you don't have to pay to reinstall it. So if you delete apps, go to the apps store, updates, purchased, not on this iPad and it will show you all the apps you've downloaded using your apple id that aren't currently on your device. You can do the same with books, videos and music. So delete away!

Lavenderhoney Sun 18-Nov-12 07:50:36

Thanks allsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now