Talk

Advanced search

iTUNES CARD

(6 Posts)
spokeswoman Thu 15-Nov-12 09:15:18

I bought my son an ipod for his birthday.
A friend bought him an itunes card.
When he tries to use it its asking for his info plus bank card details,it won't let him move on without filling all this in.
Is it safe to fill in all that info ?

1sassylassy Thu 15-Nov-12 09:55:11

As a family we have 3 ipod touches and one iphone and have never put in bank card details only gift cards so it can be done without bank cards.After reading some of the horror stories with kids running up huge bills I wouldnt link a bank card to an itunes account.Start again and see what happens.

12thmonkey Fri 16-Nov-12 17:46:32

at the base of the home page in the app store there is an option to redeem voucher. If you chose that you should be able to purchase against that. I think what you are trying to do is set up an account first. This is not needed.

lazydog Fri 16-Nov-12 18:50:55

You can also set up an iTunes account without entering any payment details, too. I can't recall the steps offhand but I know there was a knowledge-base article on the apple site with instructions. Both my DS's have iPod touches and each have their own iTunes accounts (well, one's in my name, one in DH's) and we didn't link any credit card to either, I'm 100% certain.

lazydog Fri 16-Nov-12 18:52:04

Here ya go!

spokeswoman Sun 18-Nov-12 08:04:28

Thanks so much for your help everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now