Talk

Advanced search

Microsoft Office OneNote

(7 Posts)
MrsStark Tue 06-Nov-12 16:59:24

Does any one know if this is any good and worth learning please?

I have been a SAHM for a few years so the last time I was in an office it was all excell and a bit of word (I worked in finance).

I am collecting ideas for my own business, one note looks good to me because of the note book/file lay out...

I have office 07 but might be able to get a newer version. Or is there anything else that I can or should look out for?

TIA

niceguy2 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:52:09

OneNote is very nice. One of the most underrated apps in my opinion. My OH used it loads back when she was studying to collect notes and snippets.

Personally I use Evernote which is cloud based and means I dont have to worry about backing up etc. The downside is that the interface isn't as 'slick' as OneNote but overall I feel it's better.

MrsStark Wed 07-Nov-12 14:38:08

That is good to know, what ever I use I will need to spend a bit of time learning, I am a LP to 3 small DC's (oldest is 5) so I didn't want to put time into something that turned out to be a bit naff.

I have just googled Evernote, that does look good too...thank you!

maxmillie Wed 07-Nov-12 21:10:51

It is fantastic!! I am a fairly recent convert (about a year) and love it - it as literally revolutionised my work and home filing systems - have almost done away with paper entirely, and my organisational levels are about 48x better and more productive than they were when I started using it about a year ago (on return to work from a years maternity leave so after almost 2 years of doing no filing or home organisation including pregnancy time).

I use it for home and work.

You must have Office 2010 or above (it was availbale in Office 2007 but a basic cutdown version - not that good).

There is not that much to learn - it is pretty self-explanatory and intuitive - not like learning excel say, best thing is you can send emails directly to it and view it from anywhere on your phone etc.

maxmillie Wed 07-Nov-12 21:11:30

i also think very underrated / not know. I have tried evernote too and one note is better imo

maxmillie Wed 07-Nov-12 21:12:42

one note is also cloud based now too (wasnt always I think)

MrsStark Wed 07-Nov-12 21:19:56

Ah, I reckon I could get an upgrade to Office 10 out of ex-p (he works in IT but doing other stuff so there is not point really asking him how to use stuff like this...).

It looked to me that if I learnt how to use OneNote the logic for evernote would follow if I chose that later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now