Talk

Advanced search

Microsoft Office OneNote

(7 Posts)
MrsStark Tue 06-Nov-12 16:59:24

Does any one know if this is any good and worth learning please?

I have been a SAHM for a few years so the last time I was in an office it was all excell and a bit of word (I worked in finance).

I am collecting ideas for my own business, one note looks good to me because of the note book/file lay out...

I have office 07 but might be able to get a newer version. Or is there anything else that I can or should look out for?

TIA

niceguy2 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:52:09

OneNote is very nice. One of the most underrated apps in my opinion. My OH used it loads back when she was studying to collect notes and snippets.

Personally I use Evernote which is cloud based and means I dont have to worry about backing up etc. The downside is that the interface isn't as 'slick' as OneNote but overall I feel it's better.

MrsStark Wed 07-Nov-12 14:38:08

That is good to know, what ever I use I will need to spend a bit of time learning, I am a LP to 3 small DC's (oldest is 5) so I didn't want to put time into something that turned out to be a bit naff.

I have just googled Evernote, that does look good too...thank you!

maxmillie Wed 07-Nov-12 21:10:51

It is fantastic!! I am a fairly recent convert (about a year) and love it - it as literally revolutionised my work and home filing systems - have almost done away with paper entirely, and my organisational levels are about 48x better and more productive than they were when I started using it about a year ago (on return to work from a years maternity leave so after almost 2 years of doing no filing or home organisation including pregnancy time).

I use it for home and work.

You must have Office 2010 or above (it was availbale in Office 2007 but a basic cutdown version - not that good).

There is not that much to learn - it is pretty self-explanatory and intuitive - not like learning excel say, best thing is you can send emails directly to it and view it from anywhere on your phone etc.

maxmillie Wed 07-Nov-12 21:11:30

i also think very underrated / not know. I have tried evernote too and one note is better imo

maxmillie Wed 07-Nov-12 21:12:42

one note is also cloud based now too (wasnt always I think)

MrsStark Wed 07-Nov-12 21:19:56

Ah, I reckon I could get an upgrade to Office 10 out of ex-p (he works in IT but doing other stuff so there is not point really asking him how to use stuff like this...).

It looked to me that if I learnt how to use OneNote the logic for evernote would follow if I chose that later on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: