Talk

Advanced search

Can't get screen fit on Samsung UE55ES8000 LED tv?

(5 Posts)
mistressploppy Wed 31-Oct-12 20:59:28

DH bought a fancy telly but I have to fiddle with the settings all the time to make sure I'm not watching people who're all stretched or squashed, depending on the channel or programme.

It's really annoying and I've googled to find out how to make it do this automatically - apparently I need to select 'screen fit' and it will work out what aspect ratio to apply all on its own. EXPECT - the options I've found don't seem to appear on our tv.

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong? The instructions I've found are here but 'Screen Fit' doesn't seem to be an option on mine <sob>

maxmillie Wed 31-Oct-12 21:24:20

Hmmmm we've got this telly and don't have this problem so take heart it is fixable! Are you watching terrestrial, free view, cable or sky?

mistressploppy Wed 31-Oct-12 23:08:26

Well, I think it's this telly blush, it might be a slightly different one but v similar (same stand, not a claw foot).

Am watching Sky, so HDMI

maxmillie Thu 01-Nov-12 22:04:02

UE55ES8000 doesnt have a claw foot stand. The one before (last years model) did.

If you go and look at it in John Lewis or similar you will find that this is fixable.

mistressploppy Fri 02-Nov-12 14:28:27

Hmm, I went and asked in J Lewis and the guy had no idea why 'screen fit' is greyed out. Will continue to google

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now