Talk

Advanced search

Help! I-Tunes library labelling problem

(3 Posts)
LadyEdith Mon 29-Oct-12 21:30:53

Please bear with me I don't know the proper terminology as the joys of the I-age are lost on me....anyway, DS (12) is into I-tunes in a big way and has a library of thousands of songs which he has labelled/organised in his own way. Tonight he accidentally did something which seems to have erased his personal labelling system and he says he'll have to do it all again. This is on the pc, his ipod is still OK but he says when he sinks (sp?) it next time the ipod will lose the labelling too. He is inconsolable!

If anyone can make sense of the above and can help we would very grateful! smile

Hassled Mon 29-Oct-12 21:37:59

Do you mean that he's, say, downloaded "Fly Me To The Moon" by Frank Sinatra and under his own labelling system has called it "Moon" by "Frank" - that sort of thing (I'm not actually sure this can be done)? If so then yes, I think when he re-synchs iTunes will default to the original labelling of the song.

If you're talking about the various playlists he's set up then they should still be there - tell him to see if he can find a restore to backup option, and he should be able to select the most recent backup date.

LadyEdith Mon 29-Oct-12 21:46:51

Thank you Hassled, yes I think that's what he's done. He's now sniffed himself to sleep so will check in the morning about back up - I'm not sure there's been any. I was hoping there might be the equivalent of Ctrl+Z! Wishful thinking I expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now