Talk

Advanced search

iPad - can you watch BBC iPlayer, etc?

(8 Posts)
EcoLady Sun 28-Oct-12 16:58:52

I know that iPads won't work on websites that use Flash. Does this mean that they also don't work on sites with embedded video like BBC iPlayer?

(Tablet virgin trying to help DH make a decision!)

Thank you

Theas18 Sun 28-Oct-12 17:00:49

Yes but in understand the apps don't udder flash and flash is on the way out anyway?

TurquoiseFrankenCat Sun 28-Oct-12 17:01:31

There are apps for all of the catch up players (bbc, itv, c4 etc.) so you can watch them on an iPad. There's an app for everything!

tiredteddy Sun 28-Oct-12 17:03:34

Yes all the tv sites like player work on my iPad. A lot of sites I tried to use a few thus time last year that needed flash and didn't work e.g. Cbeebies for the kids, now iPad friendly and fine to use. I think companies are realising that as tablets go iPad led the Market so alternatives to flash version s are being made.

EcoLady Sun 28-Oct-12 17:04:38

That's great to hear! Thank you all :-)

Notquite Sun 28-Oct-12 17:08:14

I can watch live tellly on my phone. It is bizarre, I feel as if I'm living in an episode of Tomorrow's World .

<getting old>

rainbowriver Sun 28-Oct-12 17:49:12

Butting in but it is tempting to get the ipad 2 rather than the new ipad.

Would I really be that much better off getting the latest version?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Mon 29-Oct-12 12:57:57

Is it a cost issue? If so, you're much better off with an Android tablet as you get much more for your money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now