Talk

Advanced search

search.conduit.com

(5 Posts)
WelshMoth Sun 28-Oct-12 07:20:04

B*****d site has hijacked my laptop and I don't remember ever giving them permission to download anything. It's slowed everything down, and whenever I try and scroll down to read things mostly on MN, the screen retaliates by bouncing back up to the top.

I've run a malware scan, and tried to uninstall any unwanted software, but other than that, I can't find their software to delete it.

It's very annoying! Can anyone help?

1sassylassy Sun 28-Oct-12 07:49:32

Have a read here,removal instructions seem to depend on what browser you are using,these instructions seem to cover most.

WelshMoth Wed 31-Oct-12 12:24:10

sassy thanks tons for this link - meant to reply sooner, but half-term is keeping me busy!

I've had a go, followed all the instructions and I can't find the bloody programme anywhere on the software list to delete it. I can see something on enable/disable tool bar but for some reason I can't do anything with it.

This is irritating. I didn't give it 'permission' to invade my bloody laptop and now everything is running so slowly. Grrrrr angry

NetworkGuy Wed 31-Oct-12 15:48:26

Depending on what operating system you use (eg Windows 7 ?) you may be able to stop it by forcing a minor DNS change (that makes it impossible to visit 'search.conduit.com' from the browser). Would be happy to assist if you want.

WelshMoth Thu 01-Nov-12 07:42:40

NetworkGuy, I'd be forever in your debt if you can help me out on this. I'm a teacher and I'm going to need my laptop back to it's happy, normal and efficient self, very soon!

Whenever I open up the internet (I use Google Chrome) I have two tabs that open up simultaneously - http://www.searchnu.com/406 and search.conduit.com with absolutely no sign of Google. Everything is slow <wails>

My operating system is indeed Windows 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now