Talk

Advanced search

daughters broken phone and ipod!

(14 Posts)
triplets Sat 27-Oct-12 23:48:28

Hi, yep both broken, Christmas is coming and I cannot afford to replace both. Can she download her music onto a phone? I am hopeless about these things, can`t you tell? Whats the best I can get her?

rhondajean Sat 27-Oct-12 23:50:12

Smartphones, iPhones included, will have a music player included. The amount of music she can put on it will depend on the amount of memory it has.

If you can only get on, a phone will do both for her whereas an iPod is just for music (and Internet if it's a touch).

PhyllisDoris Sat 27-Oct-12 23:59:06

If my daughter broke her phone or iPod I'd certainly not replace them as presents. She'd be contributing a large part of the cost herself!

triplets Sun 28-Oct-12 00:06:37

The phone was knocked off of the table by our cat and her ipod was second hand 3 yrs ago and has just packed up! She has had a difficult year, my dh has cancer .

PhyllisDoris Sun 28-Oct-12 00:09:30

Ah we'll that's different! Sorry to hear about your DH. Must be very difficult for all of you.
Most mobile phones also double up as MP3 player, so no need for both.

vamosbebe Sun 28-Oct-12 00:09:41

iPod is a brand. I have a Sony 8GB mp4 player that's worked perfectly for bloody years; they're cheaper. Have you/has she got enough points to get a decent phone? Music can be downloaded onto them easily.

chocolatespiders Sun 28-Oct-12 00:10:21

Could you get her a contract phone in a way that it would spread the cost out.

triplets Sun 28-Oct-12 00:17:23

I will look into a contract phone, all her friends seem to have super duper ones, it just gets expensive buying everything x`s three, I can rarely pass anything down!

chocolatespiders Sun 28-Oct-12 17:03:44

oh blimey everything thing in 3's must be very very very expensive..

MarianForrester Sun 28-Oct-12 17:08:04

DH has just got a contract iPhone with Vodafone at a very reasonable rate: can't remember exactly, sorry, but was amazed when he told me. Maybe worth a look? It would do everything and she'll know how to working from iPod.

LIZS Sun 28-Oct-12 17:14:28

Do you want to replace in one ? Could the Sim go into a cheap handset and she have a new ipod or a smart phone which could do both

triplets Sun 28-Oct-12 23:50:01

You made me smile chocolatespiders...........very very very!
Today I found one of my sons old phones and have put her sim into it, I only signed her up for a £7.50p a month contract with Tesco 2 months ago. Of course she`s anti using it because it was her brothers! I think she will have to have a new phone which she can also download her music on, will investigate the options. Thanks everyone.

rhondajean Mon 29-Oct-12 00:01:29

Tesco mobile have a few nice phones for well under £100 - Samsung chat which is like a blackberry is £49 - on pay as you go, which means you could just put her sim card into it?

Not sure how good the chat is for music but my friend did have one and it was a great phone for Internet text etc. cannot imagine the expense of three at that age! One is almost bankrupting me.

triplets Mon 29-Oct-12 00:41:20

I`ll have a look at that, thanks! Yep it is pretty hard when they are all the same age in that respect, esp now they are teens. We live on my dh`s pensions as he took early retirement when they were born!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: