Talk

Advanced search

Please talk to me about tablets

(11 Posts)
pleasestoparguing Thu 25-Oct-12 22:59:57

Can't afford ipad but there are a lot of cheap tablets.
For DS who likes minecraft and then just stuff on the internet would a cheap one be OK and if so which one.
TIA

Snowfire Fri 26-Oct-12 00:15:39

The Nexus 7 is supposed to be pretty good, I heard the price is about to come down soon as well!

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Fri 26-Oct-12 12:37:57

Depends what your budget is, but avoid the really cheap ones as you get what you pay for. Nexus 7 is definitely the best 7 inch tablet around, but if you're going for a full size one then look at one of the Samsungs (better than an iPad anyway!)

pleasestoparguing Fri 26-Oct-12 19:17:13

Thanks for the replies - thinking low budget as can't really afford too much - I know that the cheap ones will be just that but was thinking in terms of something that wouldn't be too pricely so if DS lost/broke it it wouldn't be the end of the world - will any of the really cheap ones play minecraft or have I got to spend lots of money? How can I find out what will play minecraft?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Fri 26-Oct-12 19:41:14

Minecraft should play on most devices. But like with all games, the better the hardware the better the game performs. I would highly recommend the Nexus 7, at £159 it's a steal!

chocolatespiders Fri 26-Oct-12 19:45:26

Pedro - Where have you seen it at that price?

I have been looking for something like this for dd who is constantly arguing with her sister over her sisters Ipad!!

I know nothing though, the best I do is read the reviews on Amazon

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sat 27-Oct-12 06:48:01

Apologies, it's £169.99, but PC World have it at that price.

chocolatespiders Sat 27-Oct-12 21:37:20

thanks- i will wait till Monday when the price may drop again and will make the purchase. my only worry is dd wont use it until Christmas and 2 months of the guarantee will have gone by then!! I am a bit of a worrier though

pleasestoparguing Mon 26-Nov-12 16:59:20

On advice from this thread I'm going for the Nexus - where's the cheapest place now to get it?

NetworkGuy Mon 26-Nov-12 21:26:58

Suggest looking on www.HotUKdeals.com for techy (and other) deals.

Everything from which supermarket is selling cheapest Baked Beans or clothing to mobiles, computers, etc, etc.

ilovemydogandMrObama Tue 27-Nov-12 19:53:35

re: Nexus, does anyone know whether it's possible to view films etc offline? Was reading that it isn't possible on the Kindle Fire...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now