Talk

Advanced search

Are i-pod touch/i-pad likely to sell out for Christmas?

(7 Posts)
rainbowriver Thu 25-Oct-12 19:50:09

Is it best to buy now or are the prices likely to go down between now and Christmas?

I thought the i-pod touch price might go down as the new touch is out but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Then thought would the i-pad be cheaper now the i-pad mini is out?

Oh help! I need someone to tell me what to do!

I'll end up with nothing at this rate!

VivaLeBeaver Thu 25-Oct-12 19:52:18

I doubt prices will go down.

NetworkGuy Fri 26-Oct-12 00:27:10

Might be worth looking at the refurbished items (which still have a year's guarantee) on the Apple store.

New (4th generation) iPad is out soon, so there may be older models for sale on Ebay or Gumtree in the next month or so.

rainbowriver Fri 26-Oct-12 19:12:23

I didn't know about the new ipad, do you know when it is out?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sun 28-Oct-12 07:55:27

Don't expect Apple's prices to change. They have filled up the market now that the iPad Mini is out so they don't have much room for manoeuvre on their price brackets (can't sell a tablet for less than an iPod for example, or they shoot themselves in the foot).

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Oct-12 08:13:50

Ipad4 is out next week. It has a faster processor than the ipad3 but otherwise pretty much the same.

On the apple website they're selling ipad3 refurbished ones which are about 20% cheaper Nd generally thought to be hardly used.

SavoyCabbage Sun 28-Oct-12 08:15:39

Apple don't reduce their prices I don't think. I know that they have a world world pricing policy so that things aren't cheaper in one country than they are in another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now