Talk

Advanced search

Downloading photos from an older iPhone.

(3 Posts)
SucksFake Mon 22-Oct-12 10:32:17

My first iPhone is now 5 years old. I had originally downloaded all the photos on to our laptop, which then crashed. Thankfully I hadn't deleted them from the phone and want to download them again.

However, I can only seem to download photos from the Photo Stream, and not from the Photo Library, which are the ones I want. Any ideas of what I can do to retrieve them? Any help would be much appreciated. There are lots of DD's baby photos stuck on there!

niceguy2 Mon 22-Oct-12 11:40:23

You won't be able to with iTunes.

You will need an application which can access the phone itself. Something like i-funbox which is free.

One thing to bear in mind though is that the iphone only stores a low resolution version of the photograph. So it won't be the same. I found this out the hard way when I had a similar issue to yourself.

The other option is to get your laptop disk looked at. Assuming the disk isn't physically damaged or the part the photos are stored on is still accessible, an IT person can still recover photos from it.

SucksFake Mon 22-Oct-12 13:27:45

Thanks very much niceguy2. I was worried that might be the case.

I'll give i-funbox a go, thanks for the link.

My other solution was to email all the photos individually and save them on the laptop that way; a bit painstaking!

I'll also check about getting the photos recovered (and backed up!). Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now