Talk

Advanced search

Grrrr - Firefox keeps hanging. Anyone else, or should I take it personally?

(7 Posts)
PickledLily Sun 21-Oct-12 14:42:54

It's driving me up the wall. For the past week, Firefox will just freeze and the only way to close it is via Task Manager. IE is working ok.

Anyone else or is it just me?

BumpingFuglies Sun 21-Oct-12 18:59:15

I had this problem but using Firefox on a Mac. Have you tried updating Firefox and checking your add-ons and extensions?

PickledLily Mon 22-Oct-12 18:59:00

Thanks Fuglies. I will try disabling some plug-ins to see what happens (I'm already using the latest version).

NetworkGuy Mon 22-Oct-12 21:39:53

If it continues to give problems, might assist others to know what version of Firefox you have, and version of Windows (a guess, as I think there's also one on some Android devices).

NetworkGuy Mon 22-Oct-12 22:14:57

the "one" above was "Task Manager". I knew what I meant but was minimal when typing as I was in the bath using my tablet...

Should have added - have you done any updating (such as a new version of Java) recently ?

Only ask because a friend explained he had updated a client's computer and some important software had crashed, and software firm asked him to go back to previous version of Java, which fixed it (for now).

PickledLily Sat 03-Nov-12 10:26:01

Grrr - rubbish internet connection problems too. angry

It's Firefox 15 something, but I gave up having disabled all the plug-ins/add ons and have defected to Google chrome.

niceguy2 Sat 03-Nov-12 19:24:48

I used to be a HUGE firefox fan and was a loyal user since it first came out.

I also defected to Chrome about a year ago because i grew tired of it constantly crashing and the memory leaks are unbelievable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now