Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Buying a mobile online

(8 Posts)
TariffHound Tue 16-Oct-12 15:50:56

Hello!
Has anyone bought a mobile phone with contract online, either directly from one of the networks or from someone like Carphone Warehouse or Phones4U?

I'd be curious to know whether it was easier than buying from a phone shop or whether it turned into a complete nightmare.

MirandaWest Tue 16-Oct-12 15:54:20

I've done it twice. Was fine smile (plus I got cashback from a cashback website smile)

TariffHound Wed 17-Oct-12 09:56:47

Great! Did all the delivery work well for you?

MirandaWest Wed 17-Oct-12 10:01:29

It was fine - think phone arrived either one or two days after I ordered it.

TariffHound Fri 19-Oct-12 09:34:30

Anyone else tried buying a phone online? I was in a Vodafone and 3 store during the week, and the queues were painful. It reminds me of being in a post office - a place you don't want to spend a minute more than you need to.

toomuchpizza Fri 19-Oct-12 16:48:22

I have a couple of times. Bought two PAYG phons online from carphone warehouse a few years ago - came quickly, no problems. Got cashback through quidco too but it took a while.

Also bought a contract phone (& contract) online 18 months ago. Phone came quickly and everything was fine. Think it was mobiles.co.uk. There was a cashback by redemption offer with it but I lost the paperwork and forgot about it. Got cashback with quidco again, took a while but came trhough in the end.

I'm looking to upgrade next month and will be doing it online although not sure which site I'll use. I couldn't face going into a phone shop - I'm too easily talked into things and would come out having spent far too much, much better to decide on my own!

toomuchpizza Fri 19-Oct-12 16:51:52

To add to last post - when we bought the PAYG phones we were going to buy from orange's own website but they (at that time) wouldn't deliver to Highland so had to go elsewhere.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 19-Oct-12 16:52:57

Yes, it was fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now